Acne is by far the most frustrating of the skin conditions. More often than not, a multitude of factors cause or contribute to the condition. You'll complete a consultation card and together the answers are reviewed, areas of concern can be identified, and a plan of attack can be put into place. It is important to remember that there are rarely simple solutions to acne, therefore finding the root of the issue can take time and patience. Don't get discouraged.
What is Acne?
Acne is a frustrating skin condition experienced by most people at some point in their lives. Four main factors can contribute to acne:
- Sebaceous glands and sebum (a.k.a. oils glands oil produced by those glands)
- Cell proliferation (skin cell growth)
- Type of follicle
Stress, diet, improper home care and makeup are just a few of the many possible triggers outside of the four main causes of acne, but no one cause or trigger can truly be blamed.
Grades of Acne
- Grade 1 - Mild Acne Micro-comedones, closed comedones and open comedones
- Grade 2 – Mild / Inflammatory papules Micro-comedones, closed comedones, open comedones and some inflammatory papules
- Grade 3 - Acne Vulgaris Comedones, papules and pustules
- Grade 4 - Cystic Acne Comedones, papules, pustules, nodules and cysts
Possible Triggers of Acne
- Industrial oils
How Do I Know Which Factors Are Contributing to my Acne?
Acne is by far the most frustrating of the skin conditions. More often than not, a multitude of factors cause or contribute to the condition. Start with a free consultation. We ask that you complete the questionnaire below and bring it to your appointment. Together the client and skin therapist review the answers and look for areas of concern. Once areas of concern are identified, an individualized plan can be discussed and developed.